The Estes Valley Trails Committee was established by the Estes Valley Recreation and Park District on October 19, 1995 to be an advisory committee to coordinate efforts between trail agencies, educate the public regarding community trails projects and opportunities, provide a forum for discussion for trails, advocate trail funding, and advise on trail use and regulations.
Roles of the Estes Valley Trails Committee
- To advise the Estes Valley Recreation and Park District (EVRPD) Board of Directors. Ongoing trail issues such as planning, budgeting, maintenance, and design standards of trails.
- To collaborate with other organizations and property owners to plan and improve trails.
- To advocate trails in the community.
- To involve a variety of trail users in the planning and implementation process.
- To identify and communicate trail needs, constraints, and priorities.
- To seek cooperation with the Town of Estes Park, Larimer County Open Lands, National Park Service, U.S. Forest Service, Bureau of Reclamation, Colorado Parks and Wildlife, Estes Valley Land Trust, Estes Valley community citizen groups, agencies with trail interests, and private land owners to develop and improve trails.
- To assist volunteer organizations in both maintenance and trail development projects.
- To ensure public access to trails through easements and acquisitions.
- To promote connectivity of trails throughout the region.
The Committee is organized and administered by a total of seven to ten voting members and four non-voting liaisons appointed by the Estes Valley Recreation and Park District Board of Directors, each to three-year terms.
- Trails Committee Roster
Name Role Expiration of Term Amy Plummer President May 2018 Danny Basch Vice President May 2019 Hal Dalzell Secretary May 2020 Dick Putney Treasurer May 2018 Ed Hayek Committee Member May 2018 Daniel Marshall Committee Member May 2018 Lisa Plaut Committee Member May 2020 Dave Larsen Committee Member May 2019 Marlene Borneman Committee Member May 2019 Audem Gonzales Town of Estes Park Liaison Non-voting member Greg Muhonen Town of Estes Park Liaison Non-voting member Vaughn Baker Estes Valley Land Trust Liaison Non-voting member Ron Duell EVRPD Board of Directors Liaison Non-voting member Tom Carosello EVRPD Executive Director Non-voting member Heather Drees EVRPD Administrative Assistant Non-voting member Herb Loveall EVRPD Parks/Trails Manager Non-voting member