Due to extremely dry conditions, the Estes Valley Fire Protection District has issued a Stage 2 fire ban with the following restrictions:
- Campfires are not allowed
- Charcoal is not allowed
- Any items with open flames (i.e.tiki torches) are not allowed
- Propane fire rings are not allowed
- Propane cooking stoves and gas lanterns are allowed
- Smoking on public property is only allowed within an enclosed vehicle or an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable material.
- Fireworks are not allowed
This fire ban is effective August 21st, 2020 until otherwise lifted by the Fire Chief or his designee.