This arm of the Estes Valley Recreation and Park District has been established to help improve, strengthen and enhance the District's mission to enrich lives with quality recreation.
Benefits of the foundation
Financial support will be used for a wide variety of programs and upgrades throughout EVRPD properties. Just a few of the benefits of foundation funding will be:
- improvements for the Estes Valley Dog Park and other park facilities
- new equipment for our youth programs
- financial assistance for Estes Valley residents with limited incomes
Create community awareness
Through special events and programs, the foundation will help promote topics that fit with EVRPD's mission, such as fitness, family, youth sports values, leisure activities and conservation.
Since its inception in early 2018, the Estes Valley Recreation and Park Foundation has:
• Secured over $1,000 for the Stanley Park Tennis Courts, including donations for the installation of netting systems and court dividers
• Raised $2,500 for the Junior Golf Program, which provides a variety of free equipment and instructional golf programs that are safe, affordable and enjoyable for children ages 6 to 17
• Raised over $4,500 for Senior and Adult Activities programming, including donations for meals, special events, classes and general programming
• Secured nearly $32,000 in scholarship funding for youth and family programming, which has helped to offset the costs of sports programs, classes, camps and community center memberships for over 40 local families in need of assistance
• Acquired nearly $40,000 for Stanley Park Dog Park improvements, including funds for new signage, fencing, landscaping, play elements and a water fountain
Currently, the Foundation’s short- and long-term goals include:
• Garnering scholarship funding for adult and senior community center memberships, as there is currently a wait list of individuals who have applied and qualified for financial assistance
• Acquiring donations for adult and senior general programming, including funds for instructional classes, special events, trips and programming supplies
• Securing donations for Stanley Park improvements, including upgrades and additions to the parking lot, landscaping, ballfields, tennis courts, skate park and picnic shelters
• Raising funds for Foundation general operations, including office supplies, administrative costs and marketing efforts and materials
Donations of any amount are welcome. If you are interested in donating larger amounts, need a tax exempt confirmation and/or or want the gift designated for a specific purpose, please contact us by emailing Tom Carosello, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at 970-586-8191.
If you are interested in volunteering your time or have an organization interested in helping with community outreach, please contact us by emailing John Feeney, Parks and Trails Maintenance Manager, at email@example.com or call him at 970-586-8191.