- All boats (motorized and non-motorized watercraft) put on Lake Estes are required to have a Lake Estes boat permit (available at the Lake Estes Marina Store, 1770 Big Thompson Avenue, Estes Park, Colorado).
- No boat shall launch from any point other than the designated launch area on the north side of the lake next to the marina.
- All boat owners must meet insurance requirements as outlined in the Lake Estes Boat Permit Application.
- All boats are required to meet Colorado boating statutes and regulations.
- No boating will be allowed before daylight or after dark.
- No person shall enter closed areas.
- Non-motorized boats have the right-of-way over motorized boats at all times.
- A wakeless speed shall be maintained for all motorized boats at all times. *
- Boats shall stay at least 50 feet from shore (other than when beaching) any time there are people fishing from shore.
- Estes Valley Recreation and Park District may revoke any permit at the sole discretion of Lake Estes Marina management.
- No person shall harass another or display or discharge a firearm on or about Lake Estes.
Swimming is NOT ALLOWED on Lake Estes.
Jet skis are NOT ALLOWED on Lake Estes.
Ice fishing is NOT ALLOWED on Lake Estes.